A Message from our Medical Director, Dr. Harshal Kirane
Wellbridge is a state-of-the-art addiction treatment and research center, and our approach to handling the COVID-19 outbreak is an extension of our core practices: informed, precise, and meticulous. The health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff remains our number one priority. With guidance from Northwell Health’s COVID-19 Task Force we will be implementing screening policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all our staff, patients, their families, and other visitors. We have implemented the following measures and we are adapting our approaches as we gain new information.
· Thorough screening – All prospective patients will complete a thorough phone screening which includes their medical history, recent travel history, recent proximity to someone who had COVID-19 symptoms as well as other essential information required for admission. Prior to their admission and arrival at Wellbridge, patients will receive a COVID-19 test in their home, conducted by a licensed phlebotomist from Northwell Labs. Results will be provided within 24 hours of the test.
· Medical evaluation – As part of our standard practices, all patients complete a comprehensive medical evaluation with laboratory testing prior to admission to Wellbridge. All patients will receive a personal COVID-19 test at their homes prior to admission and will receive the results within 24 hours.
· Ongoing monitoring – If any issues arise during your care, we will promptly facilitate testing, quarantine, and/or isolation measures.
· Ancillary care – We will coordinate appropriate medical and ICU care through our partner, Northwell Health.
· All staff and visitors are required to complete a self-assessment form upon arrival to the campus. Any and all positive screenings will NOT be allowed to enter the campus.
· Any staff member exhibiting signs of fever, cough or shortness of breath will be asked to stay home as per the direction of CDC guidelines.
· Staff members will be provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will wear it when indicated.
We have enhanced our sanitation and disinfection protocols throughout Wellbridge, with more frequent disinfecting of all common areas, meeting rooms, patient facilities and rooms, offices, computers and telephones.
In addition, we will be conducting regular education and reminders regarding best practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including frequent hand washing. Please check back often for updates to our policy.
For additional information on COVID-19, prevention measures and what to do if you feel sick, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. I encourage everyone to follow the approved guidelines.
I wish everyone strength during this difficult time. As with managing addiction, no one should feel they have to manage the current outbreak alone. Together we will prevail!